Website are an incredibly useful tool for your business, and one of the most important functionalities for you to get right is your eCommerce shop. This gives your website a whole new dimension, allowing site visitors to purchase your products through the internet rather than just browsing through them like a catalogue. Get your eCommerce site spot on in order to make people pay attention. Even if your products are the best around, people won’t buy them if they see the process as being too difficult.
Here are some top tips to make sure that your eCommerce shop has everything which it needs to succeed:
- Use relevant filters and put the most useful ones at the top. This will ensure that people can easily find what they are looking for.
- Consider the registration processes. One popular option is to allow customers to buy without registering, then offer them the chance to register at the end of the process to make life easier next time. Anything which makes it simple for people to shop is going to encourage spending.
- Use call-to-action buttons and make them obvious. They can prove very beneficial.
- Ensure that your search functionality is good. People won’t want to be searching through endless pages if they already have a product in mind.
- Use short titles which are straight to the point. Attention spans are short and people won’t want to read through specs and lengthy descriptions to work out what a product is.